I started by stampìng the lemons and leaves with Black Archival Ink on Ken Oliver Watercolor Paper. Then I used a mixture of watercolor and markers, to color them. To give the background a messier look, I spritzed it with some water, once I was finished.
From the beginning I had the idea to stamp the Totally Awesome sentiment on a black tag, diecut with the Treat Tag Die-namics, but it covered too much of the background, so I used heavyweight vellum instead. In order for the sentiment not to smudge, I stamped it with black StazOn ink.
I adhered it to my card panel, die cut with the largest die from the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 1 Die-namics, with strategically placed thin foam squares. I hid them behind the gold element, enamel dots and yellow sentiment strip.
Finally, I added a piece of yellow ribbon with white polka dots, that I had in my stash. Although I recently used Distress Inks like watercolors to create THIS card, it was fun to actually grab a paintbrush and paint for a change.
I hope you liked today’s card. Make sure to visit the MFT Blog for more information and inspiration. See you tomorrow! ^_^
List of MFT supplies used for card with watercolor background
This post is also available in: Español