The MFT August Release Countdown is almost over and today, for Day 2, I’m sharing a Halloween card with a spooky haunted house and some brave trick or treaters.
I started by adhering a 5/8″ (1,5cm) circle out of masking paper to the left upper corner of my huge 6.25″ x 5″ (15,8cm x 12,7cm) panel. Then I did some ink blending with Faded Jeans, Vilted Violet, Seedless Preserves and Victorian Velvet Distress Oxide Inks.
Next, I used one of the dies from the Slimline Grassy Hills Die-namics to die cut a 6 1/4″ x 2 3/8″ panel (15,8cm x 6cm), which I ink blended with Evergreen Bough and Bundled Sage Distress Oxide Inks. Lastly I cut a 6 1/4″ x 7/8″ (15,8cm x 2,4cm) strip of Gravel Gray Card Stock which I splattered with some dilluted Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. I also heat embossed the sentiment from the Boo Crew stamp set on it in white.
The haunted house
It was a lot of fun to die cut, color and assemble the elements from the Haunted House Die-namics. I used Gravel Gray, Kraft, Electric Red and Smooth White card stock backed with scor tape for it. I also adhered a piece of Black Licorice Prestige Card Stock behind it to make it look dark and abandoned.
To complete the scenery, I used the Spooky Fence Die-namics to die cut a fence out of Black Licorice Prestige Card Stock backed with Stick-It adhesive. Before adhering it to my panel, I rubbed some silver pigment ink on it to give it a metallic finish.
- Mummy: E35, E33 (skin), R37, R35, Y15, BG11 (bucket), C3, C00, E50 (bandages)
- Frankie: E11, E21, E000, G12 (skin), YR27, YR24,YR21 (hair), BG13, BG11, B97, B95, B93, B91, Y15, Y13 (clothes)
- Dracula: E21, E00, R20 (skin), W10, W7 (hair), R39, R37 (cape), W10, W7, C2, B97, B95, B93, B91, C2 (clothes)
- Witch: E53, E51, R20 (skin), G16, G14, G12 (hair), BV04, BV01, BV00, W10, W7, YR65 (costume), E55, E53 (broom)
- Jack-o-lantern: YR27, YR68, YR65, W10
- Candy: Y17, Y15, BG13, BG11, YR65
Lastly, I popped them up with some thin foam squares and added Glossy Accents to their eyes. That’s it for today folks! I hope you enjoyed this crafty session… Have you checked out all of today’s featured products at the MFT Blog? Do you have any favorites yet?
List of MFT supplies used for haunted house card
This post is also available in: Español